SteriPEN Classic with Pre-Filter Pack. The Classic with included Pre-Filter to strain debris is all that you need for purifying water when camping, hiking, backpacking or traveling.
Ultra-violet (UV) lamp safely sterilizes water, destroys over 99.9% of bacteria, viruses and protozoan cysts, including Giardia, E. Coli and Cryptosporidium without altering the taste or pH of water and without added chemicals.
- SteriPEN Classic is highly portable, easy to use, tapered shapes fits most bottles, including wide mouth
- SteriPEN Classic safety features include water sensors which permit operation only when lamp is immersed in water, UV light cannot permeate the surface of water or pass through containers made of glass, plastic, metal or ceramics.
- Lighter weight and more compact than pumps.
- Intuitive, simple to use, and easy to clean.
- Micron screen Pre-Filter removes particulates and is designed to be stored directly on the wide mouth bottle.
- To use: Remove the lamp cover, immerse the quartz-encased UV lamp, stir (auto-timed for 48 seconds), green light indicates when it’s safe to drink the water.
- Battery set will purify 200 half-liters of water.
- 8,000 UV usages.
- Uses four AA lithium batteries (not included).
- Includes Classic Water Purifier, Pre-Filter, neoprene carry case and user guide.