The Salomon X Ultra 2 GTX shoes have Gore-Tex waterproof/breathable performance along with underfoot support, stability and protection that makes shredding sloppy trails precise and predictable.
- Premium wool socks included with purchase
- Waterproof leather uppers with breathable polyester mesh panels
- Gore-Tex waterproof bootie liners
- Polyester lining wicks moisture
- Compact and secure lace system with 1-pull tightening for easy-on/off; lace pockets provide easy storage
- Gussets create a continuous connection between tongues and the uppers
- Mud guards and integrated rubber toe cap
- Injection-molded EVA midsoles provide excellent cushioning underfoot and anatomically designed support
- OrthoLite sockliners combine a specific Ortholite foam with contoured EVA heel cups that enhance heel support and cushioning
- Contagrip rubber outsoles hiking shoes provide dependable traction
|Weight||13.1 oz(370 g) - size 7|
|Outer material||PU coated leather/water-resistant textile|
These shoes were comfortable right out of the box. They are the most comfortable hiking shoe and/or boot that I have ever worn. Their gel insole makes the shoe stand out with regard to comfort - a gel insole with real arc support. They actually feel as comfortable as my Brooks running shoes. The lugs gripped the rocks nicely as I traversed across some cliffs and my feet never became sore. I have yet to really hit the trails with them and am anxious to really get some good use out of them. I don't have any reservations about how they will fare on the trails. They felt true to size and the room in the toe area was nice. I have not had a chance to use them a lot since I have only had them a few weeks so the jury is out with regard to the lacing system. I have heard that they can loosen up a bit after hiking on them for a while and may need to be re-tightened. If that proves to be the case I may put traditional laces on the shoes; I could live with that. I do like how easy they are to tighten, however, and hope that they don't loosen up after walking a while. In all, I am very happy with the shoes and am so thankful I finally found a shoe that offers real comfort. They feel amazing!
Yes, I would recommend this product.