Pieps has stood for high quality, innovative electronic avalanche rescue equipment for more than 20 years. Introduced to the market in 2003, the Pieps DSP quickly became the preferred beacon for backcountry skiers and rescue professionals. The Pieps DSP combines the most modern digital search technology with 3 antennas to create the most user-friendly beacon on the market. Whether you re faced with a single or multiple burial situation, the Pieps DSP's unique features makes things smooth and easy for the searcher.
- RANGE: The Pieps DSP provides the longest search range of any digital beacon. (60 meters)
- MARK BUTTON: During multiple victim searches, once the closest victim is located, pressing the MARK button enables the searching beacon to eliminate the closest signal, allowing ONLY the next closest victim to then be displayed
- SCAN BUTTON: Used for multiple burials. This function scans the surrounding area allowing the searching beacon to display the location of the buried victims in one of three ranges (0-5 m, 5-20 m, and 20 50m)
- Adjustable harness system with pouch to keep the unit secure. It can be worn on the hip or in the center of the chest
- SOFTWARE UPGRADEABLE: The Pieps DSP includes a waterproof earphone jack that doubles as a USB 2.0 port. This feature makes the Pieps DSP the first and only software upgradeable beacon