- Upgraded zip-away shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap
- Tuck-away fabric wastsbelt
- Foam padded sidewalls create structure without weight and protect gear or souvenirs
- StraightJacket™ compression secures any size load effectively
- Padded top and side handle
- low profile lower grab handle speeds baggage carousel retrieval
- Large panel lockable zip access offers easy access to contents
- Top pocket provides quick access to toiletries and liquids
- Maximum legal carry-on size
|Volume||2,807 in³ (46 liters)|
|Dimensions||22 x 14 x 9 in (56 x 35.5 x 23 cm)|
|Weight||2 lbs 8 oz (1.12 kg)|
|Material||1680D Ballistic, 420D Nylon Pack Cloth|
"Exactly what I needed."
Plenty of room, elegant design, durable, and at one of the best prices I could find.
"Great Travel Pack"
My family just returned from traveling for a month in Europe. The three of us each had different packs and I purchased the Osprey Porter 46 for my 13 year old daughter.
She managed to handle the pack for long periods with ease. While the hip belt is not all that robust, the shoulder straps are really good. I would not pick this bag for more than day hiking, but it is really perfect for travel.
Of the various packs, this was the only one that was carried on to every single flight, without question as to size or weight. At 46L this pack could hold more than other bags that were not carry on complaint. Being able to zip away all of the straps is fantastic if you do decide to check or stow it.
We will definite pick up at least one more Porter 46 for future travel.
"excellent travel bag"
I bought this bag for my 22 year old son to take to Europe for three weeks. It is compact, lightweight, meets international carry on requirements and is easy to use. I'm sure this will be his "go to" travel bag when using rolling luggage is inconvenient. I plan to borrow it for weekend visits to Martha's VIneyard when I take my bike instead of a car and need my hands free for travel.