As belay parka's go, the Phantom Hooded Down Jacket is up there with the best. Mountain Hardwear went out of there way to design a jacket that would keep you warm while your shivering at a belay, and then compress down to nothing for storage. The Phantom's baffle technology eliminates cold spots on seams, and the Q.Shield down allows the jacket to retain loft when wet. There are two harness and pack compatible pockets on the outside of the jacket and two massive mesh pockets on the inside for gloves and hats meaning your gear is always close at hand.
- Q.Shield™ DOWN resists heat-robbing moisture and retains maximum loft even when wet.
- Baffled down construction provides all-over warmth that eliminates cold spots.
- Full, center-front reverse coil zipper.
- Two pack and harness compatible PU zip handwarmer pockets keep valuables secure.
- Soft, “Butter Jersey” cuffs have elastic binding to seal off cold and moisture.
|Shell fabric||20D 100% Nylon Ripstop|
|Back length||29 in (74 cm)|
|Weight||1 lb 1 oz (492 g)|
|Insulation material||Q.Shield™ Down 850-Fill|
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
The winter thus far in MN has been mild so I haven't been able to test the jacket fully. Pros: Light weight, overall excellent quality, warm and very compressible. Cons: Light weight zipper tends to snag but is not a deal breaker. The hood is large and insulated made to fit over a helmet. Not necessarily a con unless you don't ever use it with a helmet. Size and fit. I am 5'11" 190 pounds. Chest size is 44" and waist 34". I tried on both a Medium and a Large. The large fits me a little loose but leaves room for a medium base layer. The Medium felt tight in the shoulders. I kept the Large. The Medium just felt too small for me.
Yes, I would recommend this product.