The Lowa Mauria GTX hiking boot, for women, protects the female trekker from wet and/or sore feet. The Gore-Tex lined, Nubuck leather clad, and Vibram® Apptrail shod Mauria is suitable for day hiking and multi-day backpacking trips when ankle support is a priority.
- Nubuck leather uppers with CORDURA®
- Waterproof GORE-TEX® lining with a patented stitching construction that ensures a smooth and seamless fit, eliminating hot spots
- Perforations in the boot's lining allow air to enter, pumping heat and moisture back out
- C4 tongue and stud/X lacing allows for better pressure distribution
- Balance Insole, with a breathable top layer, and slow reacting foam, delivers instant customization to the foot. This proprietary insole transports moisture away from the foot, eliminates pressure points, minimizes friction between foot and insole and reduces fatigue
- PU midsole with SPS cushion & fluke technology that allows for normal pronation but reduces excess, providing support and stability when walking
- Vibram® Apptrail outsole provides increased contact area
- A self-cleaning tread for excellent grip
- Pronounced front heel edge for good downhill traction
- 5mm nylon heel/3mm forefoot stabalizers
|Outer material||Nubuck leather|
|Weight||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Lining fabric||GORE-TEX® membrane|
|Midsole||PU midsole with SPS cushion|
- "Solid, supportive, comfort!"
I love these boots! The heel support is awesome and creates a solid comfortable platform for hiking, trekking and carrying a pack. The toe box doesn’t pinch and the proprietary Lowa lacing system is extremely versatile and sensitive to adjustments. It is worth familiarizing yourself with the ways the lacing can be fine tuned for downhill, scree and other variable trail conditions. Sadly I had to return the pair I bought here for a great price because I needed the next size up. I usually wear an 8 in street shoes and an 8.5 in running shoes if they are foam injected soles. Lowa recommends your regular street shoe size in these, PU soles, but for whatever reason I went up to an 8.5 /EU 41 in these. I’ve never worn a 41 ( usually a 38.5 or 39)....but equivalents can be misleading, best to forget the size and test for fit on your foot. I was sorry I couldn’t get these at once gear at the great price, but liked them so much I was willing to pay full price elsewhere. Also they are beautifully made.
Yes, I would recommend this product.