Sales Associate - Retail Store
About Oregon Mountain Community
- Oregon Mountain Community is both an online retailer of outdoor gear and apparel, and a neighborhood gear shop with more than twenty five years of providing quality outdoor equipment to the Portland area. The small size of our organization allows each team member to wear many hats and play a vital role in how our company grows. We are seeking to fill a position with a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who loves the outdoors as much as we do.
About this position
- We’re seeking a Retail Sales Associate for a full-time position (40 hours a week) on our sales floor. Applicants must have strong familiarity with outdoor products, their use, and compatibility (Backcountry skiing and Rock/Alpine climbing specifically). Job responsibilities will include interacting with customers, cashiering, answering direct calls to the store, and working in close contact with the rest of our team. We all know that old adage that the customer is always right, and it’s the responsibility of the people in this position to not only ensure that our customers are treated with the best customer service and the utmost respect, but also to use their own experience and training to guide customers to the item best suited for their need. Our team is small but fiercely dedicated, and we’re looking for someone who wants to work hard in an important position integral to our day-to-day operations.
- Knowledge of outdoor gear and recreation.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow through, and to keep track of on-going problem resolution.