Junior Web Developer - Back end / Magentor
About Oregon Mountain Community
- Oregon Mountain Community is both an online retailer of outdoor gear and apparel, and a neighborhood gear shop with more than twenty five years of providing quality outdoor equipment to the Portland area. The small size of our organization allows each team member to wear many hats and play a vital role in how our company grows. We are seeking to fill a position with a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who loves the outdoors as much as we do.
About this position
- Oregon Mountain Community is looking for a third or fourth year undergraduate student interested in Web Development to fill an internship position. You will work closely with our small development team planning and executing web development projects, implementing feature requests and addressing identified bugs for our ecommerce website. You will be working primarily in PHP.
- The ideal candidate would be currently pursuing a Computer Science or related degree, and possess the following skills:
- Familiarity working with the LAMP stack. (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- Experience with the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm and MVC design pattern.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and experience constructing complex SQL statements.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with HTML/CSS.
- Proficient working with the Unix/Linux CLI.
- Experience using a version control system (VCS), especially a distributed VCS like Git.
- Familiarity with the Magento ecommerce platform.
- Good interpersonal skills and a passion for problem-solving.
How to Apply
- Please submit any request for additional information, your resume, cover letter, and any code samples .
- Cover letter should outline why you’re interested in the position and why you think you would be a good fit. Code samples can be in any language and would ideally demonstrate your experience with and understanding of OOP.
- Mail or Drop Off:
- Oregon Mountain Community
- 2975 NE Sandy Blvd.
- Portland, OR 97232