Customer Service Representative - eCommerce
About Oregon Mountain Community
- Oregon Mountain Community is both an online retailer of outdoor gear and apparel, and a neighborhood gear shop with more than twenty five years of providing quality outdoor equipment to the Portland area. The small size of our organization allows each team member to wear many hats and play a vital role in how our company grows. We are seeking to fill a position with a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who loves the outdoors as much as we do.
About this position
- We’re seeking a Customer Service Representative for a full-time position (40 hours a week) in our Internet Sales Department. Applicants must have strong familiarity with outdoor products, their use, and compatibility (Backcountry skiing and Rock/Alpine climbing specifically). Job responsibilities will include interacting with customers over phone and email, solving customer problems, keeping track of backorders and on hold orders, record keeping, tracking down hard-to-find items, and working in close contact with the rest of our team. We all know that old adage that the customer is always right, and it’s the responsibility of the people in this position to not only ensure that our customers are treated with the best customer service and the utmost respect, but to solve their order-related issues with speed and precision. Our internet sales team is small but fiercely dedicated, and we’re looking for someone who wants to work hard in a demanding but important position integral to our day-to-day operations.
- Answer all customer contact requests as directed
- Become a product expert with the ability to compare, contrast, and explain the benefits of the products we stock
- Willingness and desire to interact with and learn new technology
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize, focus and refocus in a fast-pace environment
- Work a varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts, between the hours of 10A - 7P, seven days a week, which may include holidays
- Evaluate orders for fraud screening and communicate with customers to pass our screening process
- Be able to fulfill orders from beginning to end
- Knowledge of outdoor gear and recreation.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to type 40-50 wpm accurately while inputting customer orders and responding to customer inquiries
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, with a strong focus on Excel and Word
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail), Microsoft Outlook, or a similar business application
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow through, and to keep track of on-going problem resolution.