Data Entry / Assistant Apparel Buyer
About Oregon Mountain Community
- Oregon Mountain Community is both an online retailer of outdoor gear and apparel, and a neighborhood gear shop with more than twenty five years of providing quality outdoor equipment to the Portland area. The small size of our organization allows each team member to wear many hats and play a vital role in how our company grows. We are seeking to fill a position with a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who loves the outdoors as much as we do.
About this position
- We’re seeking a Data Entry / Assistant Apparel Buyer for a full-time position (40 hours a week). Applicants must have strong familiarity with outdoor products, their use, and compatibility (Backcountry skiing and Rock/Alpine climbing specifically). We are looking for someone who is reliable, has high attention to detail, and can multi-task ably. The Buyer is responsible for Product Selection, Purchasing, Inventory Management, and is the primary point of contact between the store and our various product Wholesalers. Budget Management skills are a must, as well as Inventory and Warehouse Management skills. A qualified applicant should possess prior experience in this line of work, stellar references, and strong, demonstrable abilities in the aforementioned job responsibilities.
- Brand/Product Selection
- Budget Management
- Data entry ( Products details, product descriptions & purchase orders )
- Sales reporting/Analysis
- Implementing sales strategies
- Online catalogue maintenance
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office, with a strong focus on Excel (functions)
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail/Docs), Microsoft Outlook, or similar business applications
- Knowledge and experience with outdoor gear / recreation
- Ability to type 40-50 wpm accurately
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to mutli-task and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with Magento databases, Amazon, and the Outdoor Industry preferred
- Strong copywriting skills with a sense of grammar and spelling, with a focus on search term optimization.