Frequently Asked Questions:
When can I call the Customer Service Department?
- Our Customer Service Department is available Monday-Friday 10AM – 6.00PM Pacific Time. We are available Saturday 10AM-6PM, and Sunday 12PM-5PM, but also manage the retail store on those days so your call might not get answered as fast or often as needed. You can call us at 1-800-538-3604. The Customer Service Department is closed during all major holidays. While we love to chat, we can respond faster and after hours if you send us an e-mail.
Do you match prices with other retailers?
- Yes, in fact we do! We not only encourage you to explore our sites, but our competitors as well! Click here for the exact details and exceptions
Do you charge sales tax?
- Short answer: When shipping to certain states, yes.
- Long Answer: As the internet evolves as a viable place of commerce, each state has been given the burden of enforcing and collecting sales tax from companies that have "physical presence" in their state. The United States Supreme Court has decided that "Physical Presence" is something that can be defined by each and every state. Depending on what state you live in, and how they define "physical presence", you may or may not be charged sales tax. For orders that you are NOT charged sales tax, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY BY LAW to remit sales tax on internet purchases.
How do Gift Cards Work?
- Currently, all gift card purchases need to be authorized over the phone after the purchase has been made. Don't worry, we'll call you when we get to your gift card order and even stay on the line until you get the e-gift card, or get confirmation that your order was processed.
Why do you call people about gift cards?
- Since gift cards are non refundable, we want to make sure you entered the correct amount and e-mail before we process your payment. We at OmcGear.com don't want you to lose your gift card before you even get it.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- OMCgear.com currently accepts PayPal, American Express, Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. We do not accept checks, cash, or money orders at this time. Some countries will have forms of payment restricted to PayPal only. Please be aware that a free PayPal Account may be required in order to pay for your order.
What are the International payment options?
- In order to help protect against fraud, we may require additional credit card verification, or payment through PayPal. Our customer service team may contact you by e-mail or phone to verify a small pending refund/charge placed on your credit card to ensure your identity. You can skip this verification process by paying with PayPal. PayPal requires that international payments ship to their verified billing address. You can view the full details of this process on our payment verification page.
Questions About Returns:
How do I return an Item?
- Well, that's a bummer, but we're here for you 100% of the way. You can head over to our Returns Policy for the full details.
Do I need a Return Authorization Form to start a return?
- OMCgear isn't going to make you jump through an extra hoop just to get you the gear that works the best for you. Ship your order back with your order invoice and we'll take care of the rest.
How do exchanges work?
- We don't have the ability to offer exchanges at the moment, so you'll need to contact customer support by phone or by e-mail, but a new automated process is in development and should be finished soon.
How do I modify my order?
- Please contact customer support by e-mail or by phone at: 1-800-538-3604 to inquire about changing your order. If the order has not yet been marked shipped, we will be happy to make any changes. If the order has shipped, the changes must be made as a merchandise return or a new separate order.
What is your return policy?
- Please visit our Return Policy page for our complete return policy. Please Note: We do not refund shipping and handling charges.
How soon will my refund be processed?
- Once your package has been received at OMCgear.com, your refund will be processed within 3 business days. Please visit our Return Policy page for our complete return policy.
Questions About Shipping:
I have more than $50 in my cart, why am I still being charged for shipping?
- Some items are tagged as oversize, and require additional shipping and handling. These items do not qualify for the free shipping offer. You can read the full details on the free shipping offer on the Shipping Policy Page.
How do I track my order?
- You will receive an order confirmation via e-mail once your order has been received. In addition, a shipping confirmation e-mail will be sent once your order has been processed and shipped. This confirmation will include the tracking number for your package. Once tracking has been added to your order, you can track that order from the order details page.
How quickly will I receive my order?
- All in stock items are shipped within 1 business days after your order is placed. All orders are shipped from our warehouse in Portland, Oregon. Please visit our Shipping Policy page for more detailed answers to your shipping questions.
What is your holiday Shipping Schedule?
- Holidays are a very important time for each and every one of us. We aren't expecting ANY shipping delays this holiday season, but a maximum of 48 hours delay may happen. Expedited shipping options are rushed to the front of the line and will not see any delays. If your order is time sensitive, select this option at checkout.
How will my package be shipped?
- When standard shipping is selected, OMC will decide the most efficient carrier for your shipment. Carriers that are used are United Parcel Service (UPS) and United States Postal Service (USPS). Rates are subject to change, but shipping charges are subsidized in order to pass along our volume discount. Visit our Shipping Policy page for more information.
Where do you ship to?
- We can ship your order to any valid address worldwide. Some brands or products may not be able to ship internationally; these products will have this information displayed on the product details page and our Exceptions List.
What does the truck icon mean?
- Some items we offer for sale are bulky or heavy, which are assessed an over-sized fee by the shipping companies. The truck icon:denotes additional shipping applies to these items. The only way to avoid these additional shipping charges is to purchase this item in-store.