Downunders Athletic (Purple) footbeds are a non rigid full contact support system for your foot. Almost like that comfortable feeling when walking barefoot in sand. Comfort comes from the force being spread out over a larger area, stability comes the ergonomically positioned contours.
- Constructed of EVA and PE foam, the Athletic/Purple footbed is light, supportive, and over a short break in period will self-mold to your foot
- Dynamic heel cup: the deep heel pocket captures a large area of the calcaneus (heel bone) and its fat pad, centering heel position and cupping the pad to spread forces out and protect from injury
- Forefoot arch support: Tear Drop bubble bolsters the natural transverse (metatarsal) arch shape, supporting the complex structure of the forefoot by separating the metatarsals and soft tissue in between
- Self molding Active Arch: longitudinal arch contour provides neutral support to the arch without making the foot rigid. Normal and healthy pronation is facilitated while limiting over-pronation
- Easily trimmed with scissors to fit inside shoes
- "pretty good insoles"
Downunder insoles are the best insoles for me of all the insoles I have purchased. I don't like the rubbery feel of most. These are fairly stiff and light with good support. By all appearances they will last a long time. I wear them every day, and now it has been a few months with no sign of breakdown. After I got my first pair I immediately ordered another.
Yes, I would recommend this product.