- Solid aluminum linking bars are included for a more rigid fit
- Anti-balling plates sold separately
- Carrying bag included
- 7075 aluminum alloy construction10 points for a solid hold on steep terrain
- Different colors for left and right for fast and easy identification
- Dyneema linking strap reduces weight and allows the crampons to fold onto themselves for packability
- Patented heel attachment designed for rapid attachment to tech-fit compatible A/T boots
|Weight||10.4 oz (294 g)|
|Shaft material||Aluminum Alloy|
|Fits shoe size||14 - 17.5 in (36 - 44 cm)|
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)Add Your Review
- "Perfect SKI mountaineering crampon"
Emphasis on the skiing side. I own several types of crampons, so please take that into account. This is not an all around-er, but excels in its small nitch. For ski mountainering in CO I can mostly get away with boot packing, but on occasion I need crampons and do not face large, hard, high angle ice (at least when I am skiing). So for the most part the crampons stay in the pack, but when needed they must perform well when on hard snow or ice.
I have used these several time with great results - sure attachment (Dynafit style boot only), great on snow and AI 2, held up well on a bit of rock. Best part is the dramatic weight difference from my G-12s, Cyborgs or Saracs. And their compact size, they actually nest perfectly inside my Dynafit ski crampons 110mm.
The instructions are actually helpful in fitting and in the field attachment. Several online articles couldn't understand the ease of entry and resigned to use a screw driver every time.
If you only ski mountaineer with Dynafit boot and wont hit much rock or ice then this are great or if you can have a quiver of crampons to choose from. Other wise buy a good all around-er like the BD Sabertooth.
Yes, I would recommend this product.