The Black Diamond Raven with Grip Ice Axe built with lightweight and comfort in mind, this classic Piolet is prefect for glacier and mountaineering adventures. Black Diamond Raven with Grip Ice Axe Features:
- Traditional mountaineer's piolet for classic alpine climbs
- Built from lightweight, aircraft aluminum alloy for high strength Investment-cast, one-piece stainless steel head
- Comfortable, dual-density molded grip
- Pick's curve and teeth engineered for secure self-arresting
- Equipped with Slider Leash
- CEN?B certified Specifications:
- Head: Head, Spike: stainless steel Shaft: Aluminum Grip:
- Dual-density Weight With Leash:
- 505 g, 1 lb 2 oz (55 cm)
Finally was able to use it this season using it to summit Mt. Tallac via the Chutes route, I would say about a class 2 route. It felt lightweight enough to where it's not tiring me out and the grip had groves to help me get a better grip (axe side out). Also using it as a hiking pole worked great, even with the grip the axe went into the snow giving me a good hold without any issues.
Yes, I would recommend this product.