- Hot-forged Nitron straight-gate carabiner on top and hot-forged HotWire carabiner on bottom
- HotWire's wiregate eliminates gate flutter and won't freeze up
- Nitron's keylock nose eases clipping and cleaning
- Flat gate-to-rope interface
- 14 mm Dynex dogbone is light, durable and easy to grab
- Straitjacket insert keeps bottom carabiner properly oriented
|Minor axis strength||Top: 8 kN (1,798 lbf), Bottom: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)|
|Weight||3.2 oz (91 g)|
|Open major axis strength||Top: 8 kN (1,798 lbf), Bottom: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)|
|Closed major axis strength||Top: 24 kN (5,395 lbf), Bottom: 24 kN (5,395 lbf)|
|Gate Opening||Top: 0.86 in (22 mm), Bottom: 1.0 in (25 mm)|
"Features and price are competitive"
The Hotwire Quickdraw has everything I need for a sport rack at the right price: wire-gate bottom carabiner and a wide-ish Dyneema dogbone (lightweight!). There are fancier "uber" sport racks, like the Spirit or Firewire and slightly lighter draws, however, you'd be paying a lot more for an extremely a specialized quickdraw.