The Fritschi Diamir Scout is their lightest alpine touring binding, making it optimal for long distance touring. The Diamir Gliding Technology, which has a moving baseplate, maintains full release capability even in the uphill mode. This is an important feature in avalanche terrain. When it's time to lock down and turn them, the Scout inspires confidence with it's Compact Technology and torsional stiffness effectively transferring force to the ski edges. This is a great binding at a great price.
- Compact Technology with a wide toe piece hinge for better downhill control
- The toe piece allows for 0.79 in (20 mm) of lateral travel before releasing, which drastically reduces a dreaded prerelease
- Flipping a switch with the end of your ski pole changes from walk to ski mode without taking the bindings off
- Max DIN 11 for the larger and/or more aggressive skier
- DIN certified for both AT and alpine boot soles