- Double axle (0.75, 0.5 and 0.4) and Stacked Axle Technology (0.3, 0.2 and 0.1) provide huge expansion range
- Narrower head width than original Camalot fits in more places than ever
- Aluminum armor beads protect cable stem without compromising flexibility
- Symmetric swage and hot-forged trigger bar eliminate buckling and provide ergonomic handling
- Lightweight yet durable Dyneema sling for easy identification and differentiation from other Camalots
|Range||0.33 - 1.62 in (8.4 - 41.2 mm)|
|Strength||5 - 10 kN (1,124 - 2,248 lbf)|
|Weight||1.8 - 4 oz (51 - 112 g)|
After climbing the first pitches of the Nose to suss it out, I wanted the narrowest cam I could find. There are piton scars that are essentially a perfect square slot where a standard cam is a bit wide. I had some older cams in this range and I was happy to replace them with these X4 cams.
After receiving them I noticed the cable loop on the bottom is beefier than my Metolius Master cams, which is nice because the master cams cable loop is becoming mis shapen after aiding on them. Maybe these will hold up better.