The easiest just got easier to have. The BCA Tracker 1 was the first digital avalanche beacon. As of fall 2012, the price drops so much that you no longer have any excuses in owning a digital transceiver.
- In 1997, the Tracker DTS revolutionized the transceiver market by introducing digital, dual antenna technology. Since then, it has become the world's best-selling transceiver. That's for a simple reason: it's the easiest to use
- Bright, temperature resistant, LEDs visible in adverse light.
- Strengthened, shock-resistant battery compartment.
- Digital distance and direction displays simplify searches for inexperienced beacon users.
- Frequency: 457 kHz
- Batteries: three AAA alkaline Battery life: minimum 1 hour in search mode after 200 hours in transmit mode (approximately 250 hours in transmit only or 50 hours in search only)