- OMC was established in 1971, by climbers and skiers from Portland, Oregon
- OMC has anchored the outdoor life of its loyal customers for multiple generations
- OMC was on the first wave of the “backpacking revolution” in the 1970’s, which means our relationships with the best brands in the outdoor business are well established.
- We are still a locally owned and operated company, operating our warehouse, retail store and corporate offices from our location on Sandy blvd. in Portland, Oregon.
The best products and the best brands
- We offer products from the brands like The North Face, Arc’teryx, Marmot, Black Diamond, Patagonia, Jetboil, Mountain Hardware, and Canada Goose. We have the gear to keep you dry on rainy park walks, cool during hot canyon hikes and the equipment you need for your next backpacking, climbing or skiing adventure.
- Our team of outdoors enthusiasts is dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible. From recommendations and demonstrations, to stories from their most recent climb they are here to help you enjoy your shopping experience.
What’s your passion?
- We have the Climbing, Snow, Ski, and Travel equipment you need to go climb a crag, cliff or hike that trail. We are Portland’s Premier outfitter!
In store or Online?
- Our retail store is also our warehouse and corporate offices. This means that any items you see on the website you can pick up, ask questions about, or try on at the retail store. While the retail store has limited floor space, all you have to do is ask one of our retail associates and they will grab the size and color you want from the warehouse! If our retail associates don't know the full details and answers to your questions, we can call down one of our buyers and they can answer any question you could possibly dream of.
Looking for a personal touch?
- Our retail store is located in north east Portland, just off interstate 84 at 33rd ave. We’re across from Wendy’s and Les Schwabb in the big yellow building
- At the store you can find our helpful staff and get reviews, recommendations, sizing help, and that personal touch you might be missing out on.